Thursday, December 17, 2009

Places I've worked: The Granary






















































The Granary is where I gained a multitude of experience in management. While there I worked with staff on wine knowledge and service techniques. At The Granary I was able to help create an award winning wine list, which also was one of the best in the state. I thoroughly enjoyed creating the cocktail menus. The executive chef and owner always told me to be as creative as possible, so I was. I invented many styles of mojitos and crazy cocktails as well as martinis. My famous Strawberry and Basil Martini is still on their cocktail menu to this day. The Granary’s food was exceptional with a mix of traditional steak house meets fusion cuisine.


Built in 1935, The Granary served as the milling department for Billings Polytechnic Institute
Until World War ll. The building was not used again until The Granary restaurant opened in 1976. In Spring 2004, this Billings landmark changed hands and underwent a major transformation. The Granary was reopened in October 2004.


Baked Brie
Puff Pastry wrapped brie, stuffed with caramelized onions and roasted walnuts accompanied by apricot preservers.

Wagyu Medallions
Grilled medallions of wagyu shoulder tender with cheddar cheese risotto ,roasted butternut squash and a port wine reduction


http://www.billings-granary.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment